Sunday, April 1, 2012

the lady

I am a lady surrounded by five handsome males,
and I love it!
My life is a very full one that is solely devoted to
creating a haven for my men. . .
I am linked with this incredible guy.

I am privileged to currently hold the spot
as the most influential woman in four
young lives.

I am a home educator.

I love being in the kitchen (minus the dishes!!).
If it involves bread or chocolate - I'm there.
Flowers excite me - especially those brought by my men.

I can never get enough of the outdoors.
I love water and trees.
Trees and water.
Waterfalls and more trees.
Oceans and forests.

I am happiest when spending time with my little family.


I love to laugh! :-)
Oh, how I looove to laugh.
And snicker. And giggle. Belly laugh.
I am easily amused. Too easily!
I love to smile.



Chocolate covered strawberries are my favorite fruit.

I cannot remember a time when I didn't love to read.
Biographies and autobiographies are favorites.
I love learning about people and how they live.
Board games are a favorite - especially if they involve words.
I am fascinated with history.

My hands are thrilled when in the middle of a decorating project! I love to decorate and break the rules when it comes to finishing a room. Pink is my favorite color although it rarely finds its way into my house.

Cleaning and organization are passions of mine.
I am an organizational nerd who likes to find a place for everything!
With the presence of The Tornado and our current tiny house,
my organizational nerve has been rather tested of late!

I am a cleaning nerd.
Laundry is a duty I enjoy.
I am a list and schedule nerd.


I power walk four mornings a week.
It makes me think I'm a little bit in shape.
(It also helps to counteract my favorite fruit.)
My relaxation favorites are sitting by water or getting my hair combed.
I dislike coffee.
Love to eat Oreos and Reese's followed by apples and carrot/celery sticks.
Someday I will learn to play tennis.
(Then I will be able to eat more of my favorite fruit.)
The piano is also an intense passion of mine.
I'd rather play by ear than sightread.
Did I mention that I love to organize?! :-)




Someday in my future  - -
I want to own a colored piano!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Martha -- I'm so glad you let me know about your new blog. You haven't even completed all the profiles yet -- but I'm already "in love" with it. In addition to your many other talents, you are also an entertaining and creative writer. This quality makes your blog a delightful read. Absolutely LOVE IT!! -- Mom C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look!!! Glad you're back to blogging!! Loved taking a little look into your life!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that cake!! Can you come make it for me, please??


    Favorite Cousin

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to "see" you again. I enjoyed all the pictures - and I love your favorite fruit too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite 'fruit,' too. :) Love your blog so far- am now 'stalking' (aka following.)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing cartwheels that you're blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martha, I'm in love with your choc. strawberry cake. It looks yummy and beautiful. Sort of similar to the one I made. =)

    Love ya,
    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete